27 August, 2011

A Rainy Day in old Brisbane Town

Well it's been a while since we've had some rain here in Brisbane. Of course it happens on the weekend I have a huge hole in my back yard.

Behold The Morley Sinkhole!


Of course this was taken yesterday morning when the sun was out and the hole was nearly empty. Tonight ahhhhhhh not so much!

On other news I forgot to mention that we sold a couple of things via Ebay yesterday. Gotta love it when you can make some $$$$ from things that you don't need around the house anymore!!

I also spent the day unpacking some things of my Nana, Grandad and Mum that I have decided to keep. It was strange but nice to unwrap their things, wash and dry them and arrange in a display cabinet. Sad too, things that they never used, things I NEVER SAW when I was a kid as it was put away for "good". Even the crystal salt and pepper shakers that I am thinking might have been a wedding gift to Nana & Grandad, never used..... funny isn't it.

So tonight I am making Quesadillas with guacamole for dinner! I remember the first time I had them, it was in Las Vegas on a Buffet at The Hilton Hotel. I had to ask the staff (I think they were Mexican!) what they were called and they laughed and laughed at me and my sad Australian Accent trying to pronounce it! hehehe.


Well Groover's enjoy your Saturday night wherever you may be in the world and to the people in the America that are going to be affected by Hurricane Irene, you are in my thoughts and prayers.

love

Me xxx

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Facebook Twitter Favorites More