28 August, 2011

The Paddo, Cafe's and Hammocks... Morley Style!

Well today the sun was shining and it was a magnificent day!

I started the day with breakfast with my good friend Miss B! We were meeting of course to catch up on the goss but to also chat about a Logo for the Morley Report.


We went to a little cafe in Paddington (in Brisbane, Queensland).


I have to share this with you Groover's. Take a look first....


Ok, soooo it's a plastic bag (just incase you didn't know hehehe) with a copper coin or even a copper bolt in water. When the sun shines through it, well it's supposed to keep the flies away! I KID YOU NOT! So of course I had to take a pic and share it with you kids!

Here is a pic of me and the stylish Miss B.


Now I mentioned Paddington. I grew up there as a kid, with my Mum, Nana and Grandad in Paddington or The Paddo, as it was known back then.

We moved in when I was 8 years old after my parents divorced. Back in the day I can remember if someone asked where you lived and you said Paddington they were like ohhhhh (not in a good way) because many many years ago prob in my Grandparents day, let's just say that The Paddo, didn't have a good name, as many poor people lived there.

And then only a few years later when I started to go out to nightclubs in the city (which is 10min drive) and you then said you lived in Paddington they were Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh (in a very good way! hehehe). Because can you believe it but nowadays Paddington is TRENDY!!!

I can remember being sent "up the road" to the shops to get an "order" (groceries) or to get a "good leg of lamb" from Gus the Butcher. But in the last 15 years it's become even more trendier and THE PLACE to be. I took a pic this morning as I was leaving of the shops....


To me though it will always be Paddo!

This is my house today.


I promised my Grandad if I ever have enough money I would buy it back one day.

On the way home I decided to make a little purchase and bought myself a canvass for my bedroom:


I just love the beach, the water, the scenery.....

Jake bought himself a hammock yesterday. He slept in it last night and of course it was raining. He told me this morning that due to the rain, the ropes slipped down the poles during the night and he fell onto the ground. hehehehe Shame I don't have a pic of that one!


When I got home I read about Daniel Morcombe. Poor kid and his poor family. But I guess now they at least have some sort of closure, if that's what you can even call it.

Daniel was only a year older than Jake and when he went missing. Jake and I were living on the Sunshine Coast in Caloundra (not that far from where Daniel came from). Jake too used to sometimes catch the local bus to go from Caloundra to Maroochydore to visit family.

I've thought often about Daniel, his family, his brothers. Life can seem so unfair at times, so wrong. It makes you also feel relieved that it wasn't your child. I have seen the pain on his parents eyes and cannot even begin to imagine what they must be feeling today.

RIP Daniel, you had such a lovely, soft face. A face of a good kid, with a good heart.

Well kids that's it from me! I'm off to change a few things on my website, so I know you're excited but try and get some sleep! hehehe

Love

Me xxx

P.S.
I've had a few request for the Quesadillas with Guacamole. Here is the link:

Quesadillas

Here is the one I made last night:




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Facebook Twitter Favorites More