14 October, 2011

Working 9 to 5....

So today Groover's was Jake's last day at work. For him this is really the first big job that he has left. And at the moment he doesn't have another job to go to.


Cast your mind back and try and remember what it was like when you left that first big job.....


For me I was 16 and whole lot of us were "Retrenched" was the term back then, now I guess you might call it Redundancy. But I was lucky because at the very same time that I was retrenched, I had been called up for a job with the Commonwealth Government.

It was the 1980's and there was high unemployment. But I was lucky and landed on my feet.

Over the years I have had various jobs and have been lucky to have worked with some amazing people and some NOT SO amazing people. The good though have def outweighed the bad, thank god!


I took a few years off when I had Jake as I really wanted to be a stay at home Mum and between you and I, this is the reason I believe that we have such a good relationship today.

I'm not saying it was easy, esp financially, butttttttttttt you do what you have to do to get by.

But today knowing that Jake was prob a bit anxious just had me thinking of all the jobs and all the people that I have met.

It's always sad to leave (well most of the time....) but I am a firm believer that it's also a brave thing to do. Because life is short and you don't want to spend your working life unhappy, because that's a lot of hours to be spending somewhere you don't like.


And one thing I have only just recently learnt over the last couple of years is that YOU are also interviewing them, the employer. You will be spending alot of your time at work so you want to make sure you like them too!


I have a good friend at the moment going through a tough time also looking for work. It messes with your mind, you lose your self confidence. But kids, you have to believe IN YOU! You knowwwwwww better than anyone what skills you can bring to the table. Never give up, EVER! And always believe in yourself :) Even at times when nobody does.

So maybe, just maybe Jake takes after his Mum in this regard and wants to find something he is truly happy in rather than just putting up with something where he is miserable. I wish him luck from the bottom of my heart to find a job that he loves :)


Well as promised here is a pic of the new fence. Isn't she pretty! I love HER! :)

Before


Meets After :)


So have a great Friday night and see you tomorrow!

love

Me xxx

2 comments:

Brent said...

Wow,, the fence looks great.
The place will look fantastic when the grass grows, can picture you sitting in the spa relaxing admiring your fence..

The Morley Report said...

Thanks Brent! Can't wait for the Spa :) P.S. I love that fence hehehe

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Facebook Twitter Favorites More