12 September, 2011

Friendships and Story Telling

Sorry I am a little late tonight kids. You see I was helping out a friend, who at the moment needed a shoulder to lean on.


Being a good friend works two ways. Sometimes they listen to you, support you and sometimes it works the other way.

I have had friends say to me over the years, that you are always listening to me and my drama's and I would say to them, one day it will be the other way around. That's how it works. And god knows over the last couple of years it def has been the other way around.

My Mum once said to me that I am so lucky to have so many wonderful friends, but I said "Mum, you don't just have friends. You have to work at having friends." So tonight was me being there for my friend. Not to blow her off because I had to write my blog, or cook dinner or anything else. But to be that shoulder, that ear, that support.


I read recently on the net a story asking the question: Do you consider yourself a good friend? Do you make time for your friends? Do you listen? Or is it all about you? I like to think that when push comes to shove that I am a friend that does listen, that is there.

You see I take my friendships seriously and I don't just let anyone in, close to my heart. Now that could be a good thing or a bad thing. But here is THE THING. Once I am your friend I am very loyal and I would like to think that if you ever needed help I would be there for you, no matter what. Because to me that is the value of a true friend.


And on the subject of good friends.... a good friend of mine tonight sent me a link to a very interesting article asking Why Do People Share Online?

I was asked this question today actually. I guess for me, I am a story teller. Have always been one, as far back as I can remember.

Sorry just had to go downstairs and break up a "play fight...." between Ashlee and Baby Jake. There was a lot of screaming and I wasn't sure who it was hehehe.

So back to sharing online.... LOL

The article made a lot of sense. It spoke of how the sharing of information, thoughts and idea's is not something new. It's something that has always happened. Between generations of families. Of stories being passed along to younger generations.


Nowadays modern technology just makes this easier, faster to do.

I used to listen a lot of my Grandad's stories. We would sit on the back stairs at night and look at the stars or we might be driving along and he would share his stories of being in the Army in World War 2, of family of a different time and now that he has gone, a lot of these stories have gone with him. I only remember some, not all. And he sure had some good ones!

So maybe, by writing this blog, by sharing my stories, my own thoughts, that when the day comes and I am no longer here, my own stories can live on and not go with me....

Night Groover's xxx

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful words, with lovely pictures to match. Friends are treasures, not to be taken for granted, but I know I've been guilty of that in the past. I hope your friend finds the strength he/she needs. xxxxx

Anonymous said...

Thanks my lovely Karen,, really did need a friend tonight xxxxxxxx

Anonymous said...

I know you've always been there when I've needed a friend and although I've often not taken the advice given, you've still supported my choices. I hope I've helped a little by being here when you've needed me too be and although in another state I'm only ever a phone call or email away :) xxxx

The Morley Report said...

Thanks Maureen :)
Anonymous No. 1 - anytime my friend xxx
and Anonymous No. 2 - your support is very appreciated my dear xxx

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Facebook Twitter Favorites More