05 November, 2011

Branching out

So this morning I had an important event to attend.


Of course it meant not sleeping in on a Saturday morning, which was very sad :( Well for me anyways....

Embee Louise decided that she just couldn't get up on a weekend that early and had a little sleep in with her new Rabbit that Brenton gave her last weekend. Of course we named it "Brenton".


So I left Embee sleeping with Brenton... (The Rabbit) sounds kinda kinky! And off I went to my first ever Social Media workshop. I was very excited and had been really looking forward to it. I wasn't disappointed :)

My good friend Deb from The Butterfly Experience Media & PR came along as well and we had a quick coffee at a delightful cafe in Racecourse Road in Hamilton.



Here is the link to Deb's Facebook Page:

The Butterfly Experience Media & PR

So the workshop was being held by Art Bites - brisStyle


And the speaker this morning was the very interesting, very knowledgeable Jess from Epheriell Designs.

We also got meet some very lovely and very helpful ladies at the Registration desk too!


I found the session really helpful and it presented me with a lot of great ideas for the future. And it was great to be surrounded by both women and men that were just like me! Lucky things hehehe. Meaning that we were interested in learning more about Social Media.

Here is a pic of me at the workshop!


You see I have some BIG BIG plans for The Morley Report and for now let me just give you a little hint.... TRAVEL! Because we all know that for me "Travel is the Drug of my Choice". :)

There was also a table set up where we could leave our Business Cards and up until 5pm last night - I didn't have one!


So I whipped some up with the help of Jake, Deb and Ashlee and taaaa daaaaaa, may I present Version 1 of The Morley Report Business Card!!!!


I felt very proud of my little card :)

Here is the workshop in action!



You know I think it's such a great thing when you find something "That you REALLY TRULY love to do" anddddddd I think it's probably something that you Groover's are starting to learn about me, that's if you didn't already know! Yessssss I DO SO love to tell a story or 2 or 3 or 52! :)

We also had a chance to meet some very talented people and so let me introduce to you my new friend Anita from Anita Hammadache Photography & Design. Now as I have said before - Knowledge is POWER! And I know that Anita is just starting out and has a page on Facebook! It would be really great if you could help her out and do a little "Like" for her page!

Here is the link:

Anita Hammadache Photography & Design

Anita was very friendly and we had a great little chat and she shared some of her knowledge on Facebook Pages with me as well. Thanks Anita, it was great to meet you and I look forward to seeing more of your work on your Facebook Page! :)

So the morning session came to an end and I would like to take this opportunity to also thank Helen Berthold from BrisStyle who was sooo friendly and was kind enough to answer some of my questions as well. Thanks Helen :)

It was a great "Short Course" to attend on all things Social Media and let me give you a little inside tip - my good friend Deb will also be organising through her company

The Butterfly Experience Media & PR

her own Social Media courses to be run early next year. So keep an eye on her page for more info!

I had a great morning!


Then it was time to go get my Mojo on and have a sexy haircut with with the very talented Jess from Dextress Hair.


Here she is hard at work taking my money! hehehe.


Ahhhhhhh but it's all worth it. You even get the most amazing head and shoulder massage before they even start and they use one of these little beauties on you which feel absolutely amazing!


I really love going there and everyone is very friendly and they make you feel right at home and very pampered!


And here I am with my Mojo back in tact and ready to go on my holiday in one weeks time. That's 7 sleeps.... Yayyyy


So kids have a great night and talk to you tomorrow!

love

Me xxx

6 comments:

Anita Hammadache said...

Wow Karen such nice words. Also I notice one of those massage finger device things because they are amazing. Do you know where to get one from? or what they are called?

The Morley Report said...

Well Anita leave it with me and I shall find out for you! Glad you liked the Blog xxx

Jess said...

Looks like you had a fab day, Karen! So glad you enjoyed the talk, and I look forward to chatting with you on twitter :)

Jess x

The Morley Report said...

Thanks Jess. You will be happy to know as soon as I got home I uploaded Tweetdeck! Baby steps.. I had a great time yesterday. So many new things learnt! xxx

Kawaii for You said...

oh... love those girls. I used to be a member of BrisStyle back when I was making girls clothes! Looks like you had fun! Christine xo

The Morley Report said...

Hey Christine,

We did, it was a great day!! Small world hey...

Hope all is well xxx

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Facebook Twitter Favorites More