16 November, 2011

Do you like Pina Colada'ssssssss.....

So today has been both an eventful day as well as (for Barb & I) relaxing too. Strange combo that one!

The morning didn't end up being the morning we had planned because you see my friend Deb was down this way working and was going to pop in for a swim and a coffee, as you do.... But instead she spent the day in two different hospitals with this!


and then she moved hospitals and got this little beauty!


Nowwwwwwwww it's a long story but in a nutshell hopefully she will be operated on tomorrow as she has broken her foot in a very very bad way!

And of course Groover's we allll know how caring I am! And when I saw this little pic


I thought well at least she has nice toenail polish! But here was her reply and I quote "Hmmmm that nail polish is blood from the toenail that is missing". OMG how bad did I feel when I read that comment. As I was only looking on my iPhone and it was tiny I thought she had a beautiful manicured foot!!!!

Lucky she loves ME :)

And both Baby Jake and Ashlee have been wonderful as they have gone and collected Deb's babies Star & Bella and taken them home to Embee Louise to look after until she is better.

So Deb hang in there my friend and see you soon xxx

So as bad as I felt, Barb and I continued on with our holiday (as Deb would have wanted) and headed of course to the resort pool.

I also went for a small walk today and took some pics of the resort and all things Salt Village, which is the seaside village where the resorts are based.




I also went into the main resort at Peppers to show you kids what it looks like in there as well. We have access to both Peppers and Peppers Bale.





So it was a new day! With a new pool pic (just for something different...)


Those little holiday feet sure get around!

And on the Menu today was Club Sandwich & fries for Barb and I had the good old Steak Sandwich & fries. Drink of the day was Pina Colada! Just the nice creamy tropical taste you need on a hot day by the pool!


And my brand new book to read poolside is this little beauty!


Of course the afternoon ended with a nice little nana nap and then tonight my lovely beautiful friend Carly came down and we went across to the Salt Bar for a very scrumptious dinner!!

Carly and I go way back and she is such a wonderful, loving and caring friend and I count myself lucky to have her in my life!

Andddddddd she has a brand new little car car.


And sooooo as we love it that much here at Peppers Bale that we have decided to book again for next year! It's funny how it's only been a few days but it feels like we have been here six weeks. That's when you know you are onto a good thing!

Now I would like to end tonight's Morley Report about a good friend of mine's son, Jack Yorston who has Juvenile Diabetes and both he and his family do many fund raisers throughout the year and have a fantastic Trivia Night every year to raise money for the JDRF (Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation).

And right now he needs our help! You see kids he is trying to raise $2,800 which is the entry fee to participate in the JDRF Ride for Cure and the money will help to fund a cure for diabetes.

If you are able to help even just a little bit that would be wonderful as it would bring a smile to Jack's face and help him with his dream to help raise money for this wonderful cause.

Here is the link:

JDRF - Ride to Cure Diabetes - Jack Yorston

And tonight of all nights I find it quite fitting to leave you with this wonderful quote that Barb shared with me today, something that Chrissie Amphlett (lead singer with iconic Australian band The Divinyls) said last year when discussing her Breast Cancer.


This is what she said:

I had two choices to make,
I could choose to be a victim
or choose to be a Warrior
And I choose to be a Warrior!

I guess in life we can be faced with many different things, at different ages & stages in our lives and it's all about how we deal with them and our mindset!

On that note kids, nighty night!

Me xxx

2 comments:

Mandy Thomas-Wilson said...

Amen to being a warrior!!! xxx

The Morley Report said...

Ohhh I so agree Mandy xxx

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Facebook Twitter Favorites More