15 November, 2011

Hazy day of summer.....

Ok so I have a confession to make. I have an addiction that only few truly know about. It started when I was a small child.... and NO it's not HOT MEN! That came a little later hehehe.

It's this:


And can sometimes be found in your freezer like this...



Yep you got it, it's an Ice Block! And we can blame my Nana for this one! Well that's my story and I'm sticking to it!! I can eat them any time of the year, any time of the day! And excuse me but on Holidays Welllllllll there ain't nothing better than to have one on a hot sunny day by the pool! :)

Ok, so now that I have that confession out of the way, let's begin today's festivities!

Is there ever a time when you can be just tooooo relaxed? I have wondered that this afternoon, as I feel so mighty fine!

I had the best sleep in this morning, followed by some breakfast (thought about the ice block, but was strong.... and said No! - Thank God I listened...) and off we went to spend the day by our pool!


I'm sorry but I can never take enough shots of this pool!

There was not one cloud in the sky today and it was so relaxing to just lay in the sun, read my book and when I got hot, slip into that pool! And OMG hello, that pool felt A - MAZING!

Then when we got a little bit peckish it was time to do this:


Gotta love Poolside Service! Hell yeah :)

And what was on the Morley Menu today? Well I got me a very delicious Toasted Ham, Cheese and Tomato sandwich with hot salt chips on the side! Mmmmm delish!


After lunch we did some more of this:


And of course I had to do this one. It was calling my nameeeeeeee Karennnnnnnnnnn come and playyyyyyyyy


I have to tell you these little podgy "Holiday Feet" of mine are having the best time! Can you see them smiling back at you?


Andddddd I finished reading my book this afternoon too!

Here's a pic to remind you.


Now I have to tell you Groover's that this was the most inspirational read. I have always liked Denise Richards and I was not disappointed in her first book. The way she has dealt with things that have come her way in life, of course Charlie Sheen, but even dealing with her Mum's death of cancer, well it touched me to read about her struggles and how she has come through stronger and in a much happier place in her life.

I thoroughly recommend it to anyone out there in this big world that feels like they are unable to deal with things that are thrown at them at times! I loved it!!!!!

Well tonight the sky is quite hazy, no Mt Warning to be seen tonight. And it doesn't look like rain, more hazy.... as in The Bangles song... Ohhh speaking of song. I have two things I want to share with you Groover's tonight. The first one comes from my trip home yesterday in the car from the Beauticians. Do you remember the song Listening by Pseudo Echo.... OMG I hadn't heard this song in years.

And just for you Groover's here is the link:

Pseudo Echo - Listening

Andddddddd the second thing was this lovely clip that my friend Barb shared with me today and I in turn would now like to share it with you kids courtesy of the Mumma Mia website!

Military Reunions with Man's Best Friend: Dogs Welcoming home their owners

What a beautiful clip! Brought a tear to my eye.

And so that brings us to the end of another perfect holiday day here in Kingscliff. I would like to leave you kids with this little shot I took last night of the sunset.


Night!

Me xxx

4 comments:

Brent said...

Good to see the holiday feet and toes enjoying themselves..

The Morley Report said...

They are having the best time :)

Anonymous said...

I want to know....did you eat your toastie with a knife and fork??

The Morley Report said...

As I'm on holidays on passed on using a knife & fork today :)

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Facebook Twitter Favorites More